November 2015 - October 2017
European Commission, DG Justice- Rights, Equality and Citizenship Programme 2014-2020
The program aims to look into the reality of the right to free movement within the European Union from the viewpoint of young Europeans (aged 25-35) who exercise or plan to exercise this right. The project addresses three main target groups (young citizens across Europe; local, regional and national authorities competent on free movement and EU Institutions) and aims to identify the real and perceived obstacles and barriers faced when exercising the right to free movement; to identify the practices that promote or hinder the enjoyment of this right; to raise awareness among young people on their rights and among national and EU bodies on barriers and ways to address them; and to propose legislative and non-legislative solutions for making the right to free movement effective.
To achieve these goals the project will conduct legal and empirical research in 15 EU member states that have experienced increased outgoing migration or incoming migration in the last 4 years and capacity building for EU officials and young people across Europe.
Deliverables will include: i) 15 national reports; ii) 1 report on individual experiences of young people on the move; iii) 4 cross country reports; iv) 1 comparative report; v) recommendations; vi) best practice manual for national authorities; vii) manual addressing myths among young people; viii) a seminar in Brussels; ix) 15 awareness events; x) website; xi) electronic newsletters.
• Centre for European Constitutional Law (GR) – LEADER
• European Training& Research Centre for Human Rights & Democracy (AT)
• Centre for Sociological Research, KU Leuven (BE)
• Center for the Study of Democracy (BG)
• Symfiliosi (CY)
• Institute of Baltic Studies (EE)
• Institut Français des droits et libertés (FR)
• European Forum for Migration Studies, University of Bamberg (DE)
• Cooperation for the Development of Emerging Countries (IT)
• Art.1 (NL)
• Helsinki Foundation for Human Rights (PL)
• Centro de Estudos Intervencao Social (PT)
• Institute for Public Policy (RO)
• Instituto Universitario de Estudios sobre Migraciones, Universidad Pontificia Comillas (ES)
• Institute of Advanced Legal Studies, University of London (UK)