The Centre for European Constitutional Law in cooperation with the Friedrich Ebert Foundation is organizing an International Conference on the "The sovereign debt crisis and constitutional reforms in Greece", 15th and 16th of October 2013 at the Goethe Institut in Athens (14-16 Omirou str., Athens), at 16:00.
Languages of the conference: Greek-English
The sessions of the Conference are:
- Introductory speech (Prof. Xenophon Contiades)
- Constitutional endurance and the amending procedure (Chairman: George Sotirelis, Speakers: Wim Voermans, Lothar Michael, Nikos Alivizatos, Kostas Chryssogonos, Alkmene Fotiadou)
- Checks and balances in parliamentary systems and constitutional reform (Chairman: George Katrougalos, Speakers: Ian Cram, George Gerapetritis, Filippos Spyropoulos, Ioannis Tassopoulos)
- Dilemmas with regard to the role of constitutional courts (Chairman:Athanasios Rantos, Speakers: Joerg Luther, Sophie Boyron, Spyros Vlachopoulos, Ioannis Drosos, Haris Tsiliotis)
- Round Table (Chairman: Kostas Mavrias, Speakers: Prokopis Pavlopoulos, Nikos Konstantopoulos, Kostas Triantafillos, Ioannis Panousis)